CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Good morning folks!!  Today marks my very first challenge as a Cupcake Inspirations Challenge DT member!!  I've been biting at the bit to get going and here we are.  This week's photo inspiration provides a TON of different options.  Drum roll please...


WOW!  Isn't that something??  There's a lot of intricate work in there.  It took me a while to figure out which way to go.  The more I kept looking at this photo, the more I saw the yellow/gold frosting on the main cake.  So I went with golds and added some dark red (we're not lookin' at pastels there!).  And... I worked up my very first hAnglar!!  Heeheehee!


Isn't she just aDORable?!?!?  I've been really hesitant to use any of my hAnglar images.  I won several images in a blog candy a while back... no stamps.  So I knew if I screwed something up, I couldn't re-do it.  But I finally just jumped right in and it didn't turn out so badly!!  : )


Anyhoo... I hope you'll be able to join in our challenge this week.  We're being sponsored by Whimsy Stamps.  They're giving away a $15 gift certificate so it will be well worth your time.

Challenges:
Wild Orchid Challenge - one for the girls
Fairy Fun Friday - photo inspiration
Wags 'n Whiskers - triple play (3 of something)

Thanks for stoppin' by today.  Come back soon, won't ya?
Denise

Stamps:  hAnglar (but I don't know the name of the stamp), TLC sentiment
Papers:  The Paper Studio, Gina K. pure luxury
Ink:  Unknown
Supplies:  Nesties, lace, pearls
Techniques:  Prismacolor pencils and gamsol, sponging

11 comments:

Anita

Hi sweetie! :) Your card is beyond fabulous! Beautiful coloring!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty)

Awww...this is 100% ADORABLE!!

Piali

Sweeeeet!! love hAnglar images..very cute!!
Welcome to CIC team.
Hugs~

Ida

Totally Adorable. Your coloring is wonderful and the lace is beautiful. Happy to be on board with you as a fellow "Sweetie"

Nina Dee

Hi Denimo! What a sweet card. The lace and pearls are so pretty!

Rachel Hope

Awwww, so sweet!!! Love the lace!

Sue

Aww she is coloured beautifully,Cuter than cute , thanks for playing FFF.
Sue x

Sue

Aww she is coloured beautifully,Cuter than cute , thanks for playing FFF.
Sue x

Chrissy D

ADORABLE card! Love the lace and your coloring!

Suzi

She is so cute, I love your colouring and that pretty lace, a real nice sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Roberta Laliberte

What an adorable card. Love the layout!

Thanks for playing with the fairies!

xoxoxo