CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Aud Sentiments Challenge #20 and News

Happy Thursday friends.  I hope your week is going well.  Today, I have some good news and some bad news.  The bad news is I'm danged tired of this cold and it doesn't show any signs of leaving any time soon!!  Grrrrumphf!!  Now for the good news!  I am a proud new member for the Aud Sentiments Challenge Design Team starting today!  I am so, soooo thrilled to be on this DT!!  {smiling}.  Now, back to business. The challenge is to use the word 'love'.  Can it get any easier??? !  Here's what I've come up with…


Our sponsor for this challenge is Squigglefly.  They kindly provided the DT members with a fabulous sentiment we could work with.  I just love mine, don't you??  Once I saw it, I knew I just had to use a musician, a dancer... something with music.  I went with this great image from Sassy Cheryl's called 'Dance Partners'.  Isn't she cute dancin' around the room with her special little teddy?


I loved making this card.  Another challenge called for the colors red, kraft and brown.  I thought that would be tons of fun to work with... and it was!!  I found a piece of this polka dot paper from October Afternoon's Report Card collection and knew I had to use it as it went with her dress soooo well!!  The white embossed  paper was purchased that way.  You can't see it very well, but it's got flowers, vines/swirls and hearts embossed on it.  It really is pretty great.  I distressed it up just a little with some VersaMagic chalk ink in wheat (which looks like kraft to me).  I created the flowers by punching out two small retro flowers, distressing them a little with some Distress Ink walnut stain, and adding a button as their centers.


Other challenges:
Stampin' B's - use a die cut
Delicious Doodles - use 3 colors
Stamp Something - anything goes
Wags 'n Whiskers - with love
Card Makin' Mamas - girls just want to have fun
Simply Create - use your punches
Kraftin' Kimmie - fancy florals
Craft Your Days Away - anything goes
CR84FN Color Challenge - red, kraft, brown
Craft Your Passion - button up
Paper Playtime - use the word love
Picture Perfect Creations - heat/dry embossing
Lexi's Creations - say it with love
Wild Orchid Challenge - let's get sentimental
Sassy Cheryl's - buttons and bows (using the hair bow as my bow???)
Fab 'n Funky - animal magic
Fresh Brewed Designs - spread some love
The Pixie Cottage - sketch and/or who do you love (the latter only)
Make it Colourful - color with red
Raise the Bar Challenge - oh to be a kid again

I think that's all I've got today.  Thanks for poppin' in.  I hope you'll join us in our 'use the word 'love'' challenge.  You have until Feb. 1 to get your entry in.  Take care all!
Denise

Stamps:  Sassy Cheryl's Dance Partners digi, Sentiment Squigglefly's Love is friendship set to music digi
Paper:  October Afternoon's Thrift Shop, Doodlebug Designs (embossed), BG archaic (kraft on the bottom layer), Gina K. pure luxury
Ink:  none
Supplies:  Nesties, EK Success retro flower punch, BG buttons, Bella's Baubles espresso, VersaMagic chalk ink wheat, Distress Ink walnut stain
Techniques:  Copic markers and prismacolor pencils w/gamsol

48 comments:

Benzi

I love kraft and I love polka dots! Your card is adorable and has such wonderful details. Really like the sentinent, too. Thanks for joining the Stampin B's die cut challenge.

Sue

Denise, what a bright fun card. That image is adorable and colored toperfection. thanks for joining us at the fuzzy wuzzy challenge this month.

Hugs
Sue

Mona L. Pendleton

Super cute card Denise! The button centered flowers look great & I love the polka dot DP! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Jane (Carroll's Creations)

Beautiful "With Love" card

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Debgem

Great card - that image really made me smile; beautifully coloured too! Such a sweet sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Doreen

What a gorgeous card so bright and cheerful.Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA .xxx

Sadilla

Simply stunning, and great colour combo! I also like the image! =)
thanks for sharing at The Pixie Cottage
Hugs
Sadia

Lisette Morris

Great Sentinment with a great image! THis is adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage!

Cheryl of Sassy Cheryl's

This is GORGEOUS and I LOVE the sentiment!

This N That

This card is perfection, down to the last detail. Thank you so much for sharing and for playing with Card Makin Mamas!

Sue Lelli

That image is PERFECT with the sentiment you got! I can almost hear the music! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Tamie

Fantastic card!!! I really love your image and the way you colored her and the sentiment is soooo awesome. Great layout and your embossed paper with you distressing it just adds that little pop.

Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at PPC. Hope to see you next week too.

Tamie - PPC DT

Julie

Welcome to the team! I just realized that we don't live too far from each other. I am near KC. Love your project
Hugs,
julie

Thanh Vo

Congratulations, Denise!! I'm so thrilled for you :D

Dragonlady

Wow fantastic card, love the cute image and the sentiment too.

Hugs Ali x

Tammy Miller

What a great card! I love both images

Meredith

What a cute card! You've used this week's colours just beautifully - such a clean and meticulous card. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week :)

Stacy

I don't know where to start! I love EVERYTHING about this card! The image is perfect for the sentiment, the papers and colors perfect! And wowza I love your style! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges! You have a new FAN!

Donna

Such a gorgeous card, love the colours and that image is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at CYDA this time.
Donna x

Cheryl

wow this is just gorgoues beautuiful detail bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Rebecca/Sydney's Sentiments

So adorable. Idk how you keep all those challenges straight. Thanks for playing with 2 Sisters.

Maria Matter

holy moly Denise, that is a seriously long challenge list! great job!

Gorgeous card, love all the polka dots!!!
Welcome to the team!!
hugs & blessings

Andrea M

Hey Denice - what a gorgeous card and beautiful sentiment :) Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!! We hope you'll join us again next week!

Curlybear

Wow beautiful card, very classy,
thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 117: With Love,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

darling Ho

What a lovely card! The colours are so pretty! I love your flowers, they are so beautiful design.
Thanks for joining us at SC & 2SC, hope to see you again.
~hugs~darling Ho~

...just Barbara

This is too cute! That image cracks me up and you colored it perfectly! I love the card's layout and the embossing on the back layer - gorgeous! Thanks for playing along in the Make it Colourful challenge this week. :D

Claire x

What a great card! Lovely image and especially loving the polka dots. Thanks for playing along with SS&S this time. Hugs, Claire x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com

Cute flowers and image!! Nice work with the coloring too!

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Nina I.

I love your card!!! Beautiful colouring and great colors!
Thanks for playing along in the Make it Colourful challenge;-))

Shelley

Great card, thanks for joining in with this fortnights CYDA Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Marlene

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! The coloring is beautifully done.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

Ruthie

Oh Denise, its beautiful - so glad to be on the same dt as you!

Rx

mum of two

What a fabulous card! I think it's "love"ly. I like everything about this card. The embossing, the image, the patterned paper - waht great dots - and especially the sentiment. Thanks for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Sprytebyrd

Great card, love the image and the shading and coloring is just perfect!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Girly Challenge! Good Luck!
Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

Davi

Thanks for sharing that lovely card with us at The Pixie Cottage this week. Love the sweet image and dots.

Zoe

I just love the whole feel to this card. Fab image, fab layout and fab bellies! Thanks so much for joining us at Make it Colourful this week. hugs xxoo

Trish

Really lovely!

Giò

WOW Denise!!! I love this card!!! It's looks fabulous11
Thanks for visiting me and enjoy to my blog candy...... good luck!
Happy week end, Giò

Amy

This is amazing!!! PERFECTION:) Looking forward to working with you at Aud Sentiments

Stephanie Kraft

Darling card, Denise! Congrats on your new DT! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

coldwaters2

Hi Denise this is absolutely gorgeous, the design, papers, colours and image look wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Katie

Super cute card!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Sammibug

Too cute! I love the polka dots! What a fun card!

Heather

Really cute! Love your coloring.

Lori

Super, super CUTE! Congrats on your new DT position! :) Thanks for playing with us at Picture Perfect Creations this week!

Adrina

What a beautiful card and your coloring is awesome!!
Thank for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

Ann English

Congrats on the new DT-your work is fabulous-well deserved! I love this card!
Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge. Hope you will continue to join us :)

Louise

This is so cute Denise :) Love the image and your coloration is simply stunning! The colorcombo is smashing :)
Thank´s for joining us at TFWC :)
Hugs