CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #103

Good morning everyone.  I hope your day is going fabulously!!  This morning I'm exceedingly tired for some reason.  But right now, it's lovely outside after a day of rain yesterday, so that makes me smile.  And since it's Sunday, it's time for another Cupcake Inspirations challenge.  I believe the inspiration photo this week will make you smile.  Here's what I came up with this week...


This is one of those adorable Pure Innocence images from Heather Ellis who we are lucky enough to have as our sponsor this week.  This week's randomly chosen winner will receive 3 of Heather's designs of their choice, either from her Etsy Shop or her webstore.  And this image works in perfectly with our wonderful cupcakes this week...


Aren't those wonderful??  Daisies are honestly my favorite flower.  They are sweet, simple, fresh, beautiful and just brighten your day.  I was thrilled when I saw this photo for the first time.  And the creator of these sweet cupckaes did the daisy proud!!

I embellished on the colors a bit this week.  I added red and that lovely blue to give more pop to my card.  I did however, want to emphasize the daisies/flowers theme.  So to top off the daisies in the image, I added a few punch out white flowers with big yellow centers.   Tada... daisies!! 


Now, on the image's daisies, I'd originally used the grey shading on them, but I'll tell ya... that was a mistake!!  It just dirtied them up and they didn't stand out as I wanted.  So I changed them back to plain white by using my little Signo white pen to fill in the petals.  Ahhhhh... much better.  You'll notice that I'd forgotten to fix the little daisy in her hair, but that'll show you the before/after difference.  And now I have that one fixed.  I also added some yellow fuzz to the center of each daisy.  I know it's hard to tell but IRL it makes a difference.

Other challenges:
Mojo Monday - the SKETCH
Sugar Creek Hollow  - anything goes
Cutie Sunday  - spring colors/images
I Did it Creations  - celebrate spring
Aly's Sunday Challenge  - happy spring
Gingerloft Challenge  - die cuts or punches
The Pink Elephant - springtime
Wild Orchid Challenge - dieing to punch it out
Papertake Weekly - trio tastic - 3 of something/anything on your project
Fresh Brewed Designs - spots and dots
Anything Goes Challenge - die cuts
Charisma Cardz - to die for
Scrapbook Sisters - spring flowers
Paper Cutz Challenge - anything goes
Stamp Something - something sweet
Creative Friday Challenge - spring awakening
Crafty Calendar Challenge  - spring

I think that's all I've today my friends.  So glad you stopped by and hope you'll come again soon.
Denise

Stamps:  Heather Ellis Pure Innocence 020 digi, MFT How Sweet It Is (sentiment)
Papers:  October Afternoon seaside and party line (yellow)
Inks:  Memento tuxedo black
Supplies:  Nesties, SU red ribbon, MME Stella Rose ribbon, marvy flower punch, MS large spots, fuzz
Techniques:  Copic markers and prismacolor pencils w/ OMS

10 comments:

Nancy Thomas

SO cute - love the happy colors with that sweet image.

Jennie

This is gorgeous Denise!! Those cupcakes look too good to eat but what fab inspiration.

Your card is really stunning. Everything is so well co-ordinated.

Thank you so much for joining us at IDIC this week xxx

Rachel Hope

Oh goodness, I love everything!!!

Donna Moore

Hi Denise!
Wow your coloring in spectacular as is your creation this week! Love your little girl and you are right the daisies are beautiful in that pure white! I really love all the details and colors you have used, it is so bright and cheerful, the cupcake inspiration is totally yummy looking!
thanks for playing with us and joining in our Anniversary celebration this week! Hope you will continue to join in!
donna
SCH DT

Stacy

Wow this is just stunning! I just love the layout of your card! And the colors are just amazing....LOVE IT!!!

Dawn Edwards

How sweet is this card. I love the colors and your flower centers look really neat. Fabulous coloring on your sweet image. Thanks for joining in Our Sugar Creek Hollow 1 year Blog Hop Celebration and Challenge week .
Dawn~
SCH-DT

Marushy

Hi,
it's a sooo sweet card.

Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday this week....

Hugs
Marushy

http://marushy.blogspot.com/
http://marushysmagnoliablog.blogspot.com/

Bella´s Bastelecke

It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday this week...

Hugs
Bella

Nadine

Hallo

Deine Karte ist fantastisch, so wundervolle Farben.
Da stimmt einfach alles.

Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Cutie Sunday.

Liebe Grüße Nadine

Gurkiss

Super cute card :)

Thank you for joining us at IDIC this week.

Hugs Gurkiss