CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 20, 2012

I heart you Canary Love

Edit:  Shared top 3 honors at Going Grey at Scrap-Creations
Edit:  Shared Artist's Choice Award at Sundays with Chrissy

Good Sunday evening all.  Thought I'd pop in and share a chard I've made for my granddaughter.  Here is Saturated Canary's Canary Love...


This is the first Saturated Canary card I've colored up and it sure was fun!!  The only thing was I had a heck of a time with her hair, at least the over one shoulder part.  Things were moving along swimmingly and then the color from my copics started moving and leaving messy, blech spots.  I tried to do what I could to fix it up, but now it looks pretty dorky.  I've decided I need to try some different coloring paper.  I order a small pack of X-press It and hope it will help keep those icky colored spots from happening.  It's annoying when you've worked on an image for quite some time, then the cardstock messes all your work up!!  But... except for that goofy hair, I'm quite please with her and Madeline will be as well.  Purple is her fave!!


Aren't these little gals so cute!?!?!  It's those eyes I tell ya.  They have that 'wide-eyed and innocent' look, don't ya think?  I have a couple more of these and just can't wait to have some more free time to get to work on one of them.  I'll probably just make some time.  Tee hee!

Challenges:
Saturated Canary Challenge - May flowers
Craft Your Passion - shades of green and purple
The Critter Sketch - flowers
Simon Says Stamp and Show - anything goes
The Ribbon Reel - spring colors
Wild Orchid - anything goes (hope you don't still have that 'limited other challenges' rule)
Everybody-Art-Challenge - purple/blue
Going Gray with Scrap-Creations - emotions
Sweet Stamps - My favorite color - green (and my granddaughter's is purple!)
Timeless Tuesday - alphabet letter (pick one and use it 3 times) - "P": purple, pearls, pin
Oldie But a Goodie - things with wings (my oldies are my roses, stick pin, pearls)
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - SKETCH
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge - anything goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters - May flowers
Truly Scrumptious - anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - a touch of sparkle
Moving Along with the Times - keep it real
Colour Create Challenge - green, brown, white and a hint of purple (I may have more than a hint!)
Little Miss Muffet Challenge - anything goes
Terrifically Thrilling Thursdays - show us what you got!  (anything goes)
Color Inspiration - perfect plum, sahara sand, always artichoke, pink pirouette (not sure I'm totally legal)
Crafts 4 Eternity - wonderful wings
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - let's hear it for the girls
Dilly Beans Friday Challenge - flowers
Inspire Me Fridays - anything goes
Card Makin' Mamas - May flowers
Fairy Tale Challenge - things with wings
Simply Create Too - feminine
Crafty Calendar Challenge - things with wings
One Stitch at a Time - anything goes
Sundays with Crissy - things with wings
CMC Copic Challenge Group - anything goes

Goodness... lots of challenges for this card.  I think I'll go settle in for the night so I'll say sweet dreams.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great week!!

Stamps:  Saturated Canary Canary Love, sentiment (unknown)
Papers:  K & Company Susan Winget Botanical Specialty Papers
Ink:  none
Supplies:  lace, pearls, WOC rose and buds, pearl top pin with soft purple beads, white glitter, diamond stickles
Techniques:  Copic markers with prismacolor pencils

29 comments:

ahlers5

Absolutely perfect! I don't see any problem with the hair. Love your blog...I've become a follower.
Diane

Dan

What a cute card, I'm sure your granddaughter will love it! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Loopylou.

oh Denise!!
wow just wow!! This is just so beautiful, I love the colours and the papers are fab too.
Stunning hun
Thank you for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

Chrissy

Absolutely stunning, love the colours and design, a beautifully coloured image Denise...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Heide

What a fantastic card...your coloring is super! What lovely work. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

mulberry station

What an absolutely gorgeous card. I know what you mean by working on a card and get to the last little bit and mess up. You sure can't see any mess up from the pictures you took of her. You have done a stunning job coloring her up. She is a beauty. Thanks for joining us.

Sue

Aww this is gorgeous Denise! the image is really cute and you've coloured it to perfection!! Love the gorgeous papers and embellishments - it's a really sweet card!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in our Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Claudia

Hello Denise,

wow, what a stunning card. Your colouring is gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck!

Hugs

Claudia

Cris

A lovely card.
Thank you for participating in our Dilly Beans challenge.

Doreen

This is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Sundays with Crissy.xxx

Jenn Borjeson

Ha! If this is messed up, you sure can't tell! It's just gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

Jacki Randolph

Absolutely Gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with us at Sweet Stamps Challenge!

Jeannie

She's just beautiful! You've colored her in perfectly and that rose is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel

You are just made for SC images - your coloring is amazing and really brings her to life. This is so gorgeous. Absolutely perfect in every way. I'm keeping this one in my "I want to make cards like this when I grow up" file! So glad you have shared your amazing talent with us at SSW!
Sharon SSW DT

DianeMoneyGoolsby

Your entry is so cute, Denise! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too for our Challenge #13 - Mother's Day [or Feminine] Challenge. And, don't forget to come back this Friday for another great challenge!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Patti P.

I don't see a thing wrong with her hair, I think she is colored beautifully and your papers are so pretty along with the pin and rose. Your granddaughter will love this!!
Thanks for sharing your card at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Patti SSW/DT

Lozzapops

This is gorgeous Denise! I love it and love the colours .. it's just so pretty! Thanks for joining us at CMM! Laura x

Lisa Jane

what a gorgeous colour combo ]- such a pretty card
Thanks for keeping it real at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Frea

I just love these Saturated Canary images and you coloured this one brilliantly! Thanks for sharing at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Hugs Frea, DT Member LMM Challenges
I just noticed you haven't placed the new blinkie which is mandatory for this challenge. Placing it will also give you a chance of winning the entire new release. You can take the HTML code from thye LMM site and the blinkie will be updated automatically.

Melissa

This is really sweet! Beautiful coloring! I also like the name of your blog! So glad to have you join us at Dilly Beans this week!

Aunty Sue

Lovely card and thanks for sharing at CRAFTY CATZ with our Girlie Time Challenge

Sammibug

Beautiful card! The colors are fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our “Show Us What You Got” challenge at Shelly's Images We're so happy you joined us! ~~Sammibug~~ Shelly's Images DT

Ann Marie Governale

Oh yea, I am very familiar with the Saturated Canary hair issues... can I tell you how many I threw in the garbage once I got to the hair!! Yikes.. The way I fix that is to use Promarkers on the thin hair strands. They have a snap on tip that is like a fine liner and I get the thinnest hair strands colored. Also, you can use a colored pencil but the promarkers worked best for me. Again, so glad to have visited your blog...xxx Ann Marie

Elaine

Denise , fabulous colouring what a stunning card well done Hugs Elaine

Pop's Cards

Beautiful creation sweetie, looks fabulous, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time ♥ Pops x

carol

ooh wonderful creation, thanks for playing along with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week, come back soon, x carol

Pauline

This is simply beautiful, what a gorgeous image!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

michele

Fabulous card Denise Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Made by Mandy

Gorgeous card and your image is fabulous with great colouring :)

Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)