CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Warm and Cozy Greetings!

Hi and welcome!  How's your week going?  Mine's going pretty darned well.  Good things are happening and I'm very tickled about them.  One I'll share with you  today is that my son, Ryan, is engaged!!!  Happened about a week ago... he finally did it!!!  He sounds sooo happy and I couldn't be more pleased.  His fiancee (first time I've written that word!) is a great gal and they really get along so well.  Way to go honey!!



Now... on to stamping!  I'm still working on my Christmas cards, but am getting closer.  YAY!  This is Lizzie, one of Whiff of Joy's sweet stamps.  Isn't she so sweet?  Not much to explain that you can't see for yourself.  Now, one thing different for me is I left all the white areas plain white.  I usually try to shade with some cool or warm gray.  I just wanted pure, pure white on Lizzie's litte 'fluffies'.  What do you think?

Once I got going on this card, I found it fits several challenges so please bear with me.

1.  Mojo Monday - the sketch.  Love this one as it fit my image sooooo well.

2.  Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Let it Snow.  There's a great group of DT cards.  If you have some time, go check 'em out.

3.  The Corrosive Challenge - Walking in a Winter Wonderland.  Again, some wonderful sample cards.

4.  Stampin' for the Weekend - Blue and Brown.  This is a fun challenge with two of my favorite colors!

5.  Creative Inspirations - Non-traditional Colors.  My blue and brown totally fits in.

6.  Creatalicious Challenges - something new, something old, something torn, something blue.  Isn't that a cute challenge?  Well... I've got 'em all in there except the 'torn' part.  I tried putting little torn polka dot paper corners on the top, but it just didn't improve the card at all so I didn't include them.  I'm sure I'm not 'legit' for this challenge, but wanted to share it with you anyway in case you wanted to join in.  : )

7.  The Pink Elephant - Winter and/or Christmas.  LOVE it!!

8.  Crazy 4 Challenges - Snow, Snowmen or Snowflakes.  I've got snowflakes on my paper, right?  : )

9. Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Snow  : )



That's it for this post.  Hope you've enjoyed your visit.  I'm so glad you've stopped by.  Come again!
Denise 

Stamps:  Whiff of Joy Lizzie, Whipper Snappers Winter Quilt (sentiment)
Paper:  Paper Studio (blue), MME (brown polka dot), Gina K. pure luxury
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, VersaMagic gingerbread chalk ink
Supplies:  Nesties, Bella's string of pearls baubles, edge punch, satin ribbon
Techniques:  Copic markers, sponging

5 comments:

Jo

This is such a pretty card - I love it! Congrats on your news, you must be so proud!

Nancy

What a gorgeous card, Denise:O) Love the great design, the image is so cute, fab colouring. Beautiful papers.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Annie

Totally wow - love it.
Thanks for sharing with us at the Pink Elephant this week.
Ann xxx

Andrea

so cute! love the colors

Unknown

Beautiful card, Denise. I love the brown & blue colour combo