CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 3, 2013

Something new... CAS

Welcome my friends.  I've tried something I almost never do... Clean and Simple (CAS).  I really am most impressed with the creators who can make a card with little 'extras' and make it look so FABulous!!  I've never had that ability, but I think I'm going to try it a bit more.  I had a lot of fun doing this one.  And I even bough a couple of stamp sets from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps.  I apologize for the photo, but I didn't quite get the background behind the card right.  I'll try it again, and if I succeed, I'll replace this one.


Ta-da!!  I did kinda like how this turned out which gives me some incentive to try the CAS style again.  And if you're anything like me always thinkin' "I just can't do that", perhaps it'll give you some inspiration too.  I hope so.  But I don't like the totally dark background... do you??  However... I'm never going to give up my copics and coloring.  I love to color!!  : )

Challenges:
Fab Friday - SKETCH








Sweet Stampin' - anything but birthday
Crafty Calendar Challenge - sunshine and showers
My Mum's Craft Shop - spots or stripes
Our Creative Corner - anything goes
Celebrate the Occasion - anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - the letter B ... black, buttons, blue(ish)
Die Cuttin' Divas - anything goes
LEJ Designs - anything goes
Party Time Tuesdays - anything goes
Oldie but a Goodie - April showers
Inky Impressions - spots and/or stripes
7 Kids College Fund - April showers bring May flowers
Twisted Tuesday - free for all
Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes
Sourthern Girls - you can say that again -- use a sentiment
Amusing Challenge - anything goes
Addicted to Stamps - beautiful button
Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes
Pile it On -  April showers bring May flowers
Cheerful Stamp Pad - April showers bring May flowers
Crafty Boots Challenge  - use a stamped character
Ooh La La Creations - vintage/nostalgic
Annabelle Stamps  - anything goes

Thanks for dropping by.  Come back soon, 'K??  Until then... CAS away!
Denise

45 comments:

Christina C.

I love this clean and simple card....awesome image and perfect sentiment!

Darlene

A perfect CAS creation Denise! Thanks for inspiration and Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Free For All (anything goes)’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Céline

so stunning card
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Chris

So effective! Fabulous CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet stampin' this week.
Chris
x

DIANA L.

I saw your card at CTO I love it and I love this stamp set

Vickie Y

One of my favorite images! Great card. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Redanne

This is a really beautiful CAS card, love the umbrella man image. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

Esther

A great CAS card - and you've used one of my favourite sentiments..Thank you so much for sharing with us at FSC..Esther xx

Adrian

Great card, thanks for playing @ CTO!

Penny

Your CAS card is beautifully designed! Love the wonderful sentiment with your silhouette! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Michele

your CAS card turned out brilliantly! it is very charming. thank you for joining our challenge a the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Pamela

Great card, and great sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Pam x

Teresa

Gorgeous card Denise, thanks for joining in the Beautiful buttons challenge at ATSC
Hugs Teresa xx

snappy scrappy

Fabulous!...thanks for playing along with us at DCD!! Lee-Ann :)

ScrappyHappyMommy

Very pretty. Love the CAS look. Thanks for joining us at DCD for our Anything Goes Challenge.
Anita
DT DCD
http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

Anne

Gorgeous card, thanks for playing along with Crafty Sentiments Designs
Anne x

Elizabeth Hart

Really fabulous card and sentiment too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge

Yvonne Garner

Love this image! Great CAS design. Thanks for joining us at FSC!

Andrea

Gorgeous CAS card!
TFS :)
Andrea

Amanda Mertz

Great job on the CAS style. I like how you stamped the man down in the corner and kept the tag for the sentiment. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Unknown

I know exactly what you mean about CAS style, I love watching people's blogs with CAS cards, but it's still a new style for me. You did a great job with this one, I really like this sentiment. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Hugs
Anna xxx

rachel

great card! Wonderful! Thanks for joining our B challenge at crafty sentiments and good luck xx

Tina Theis of Ivory Moon Designs

Great card ... very clean and elegant ... love the monochrome with that image x


Thanks for joining us over at LEJ DESIGNS CHALLENGE
Hope we see you again x

Good Luck

Tina DT

Glenda Atkins

Love this card! Wonderful CAS design and I love the silhouette of the gentleman! Thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs!

Karen Willis

Great card and fab sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at LEJ Designs xx

Jenn Borjeson

This is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad! :)

Barbara Godden

Great take on the sketch, have to love it when all comes together Love the image and super job on the card. thanks for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad for the April showers bring May flowers challenge

Laurart

Gorgeous CAS creation! Thanks for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner Love from Laura xxx

Fliss

An absolutely gorgeous creation. My favourite TH sentiment too.
Thanks so much for joining in with our FSC sentimental challenge.
Fliss x

Melina

love the neutral colors, thanks for sharing! Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

Rosie

Awesome CAS card!! Thank you for playing along in our challenge at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com. Hugs, Rosie

Dee's Craft Room

Great CAS card, I love the image. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Siv

Great CAS card! The sentiment is so so true.. Tim Holtz is one of my favourite designers, so your card is right up my alley! :)
Thanks for playing along at the SGC!
Hugs Siv

Bada-Bing Creations

Very nice CAS card and I like to monochromatic look. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday. I did want to post a note about our guidelines though. To be eligible for being a Fab Fave cards can only be entered in two other challenges. :-)

Kjersti

A gorgoeus CAS card! Thanks for joining in the Beautiful buttons challenge at ATSC!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Justin

Fun card and that stamp is great! Thank you for playing along with Fab Friday!

Brenda Myers

Very nice card!! I love that saying/quote!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!!

Unknown

Great card Denise. Super image and fabulous sentiment. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL this time
hugs
Dawn xx

DesignerDiva

What a super little card, I love your sentiment and fab layout.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Oldie But A Goodie this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

Purple Crazy

Fab card, a lovely CAS design, thanks for sharing at OLLCB x

shayaankhan
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Share Clear Best Cardsahring Cccam Server
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
worldwidehealth

Honestly I dont think their legit because Ive been reading alot of comments about this company and their sending people bills that they have nothing to do with!
Rating Therapist

debby4000

Fabulous CAS card.
luv
Debby

Clipping Solutions

Really enjoyed it. Thanks a lot for sharing.

raster to vector conversion service