CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Season for Giving

Hi all!  How are you doing with all your Christmas chores??  I suppose you're all done!!  Hmphf!!  Oh well... I'm getting much closer.  I'll get there soon... at least I'd better!  haha

Tonight I'm going to share a couple of the gifts I'm giving.  I have a couple of girlfriends that, you know, you just put a little extra effort into.  These gals are great and I really hope they enjoy these gifts.

This first one is for Kathy.  She is one sweet seamstress.  She has a lot of talents, but her sewing is just fabulous.  And she makes quilts... wonderful quilts!  I thought this adorable Whipper Snapper set called Winter Quilt by Anna Wight would be just perfect for her.  Instead of making a card, I thought I'd work it into something she can display (if she wants), maybe in her sewing room.  I know the frame looks like it's gold, but it's really a wonderful soft green.  Goes with the greens in the quilt just perfectly!  I sewed the little BG buttons to the corner of each quilt 'seam' and sponged all pieces with Distress Ink antique linen.



Stamps:  Whipper Snapper Winter Quilt
Paper:  K&Co, Gina K. pure luxury
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink antique linen
Supplies:  Nesties, BG buttons, linen-colored thread
Techniques:  Copic markers, sponging

Next... this second gift is for my friend Mary Ann.  This is a woman who is genius at knowing just the right thing to say.  Always!!!  I remembered being at her home a couple years ago to work on Christmas cards and she mentioned she loves to decorate for the fall.  So, I'm giving her something else to decorate with.  Hope you like it Mary Ann!  Thanks for all you've done for me.



The paper crafting part of this gift is not new.  I created it back in the fall and it's been posted on my SCS gallery.  I thought of Mary Ann the whole time I was making this.  I was soooo pleased when I found these frames.  This one is exactly like the winter quilt frame, except it's an amazing copper color.  Very luxurious looking.  I'll go ahead and list the specifics of this card for you as it never has been posted on my blog.

Stamps:  Michael's $1 stamp (pumpkin), Inkadinkado (sentiment and swirls below pumpkin) 
Paper:   My Mind's Eye Night Light, Gina K. pure luxury 
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black
Supplies:  Nesties, BG ribbon, BG Buttons, SU ribbon slide 
Techniques:  Copic markers, sponging 

Thanks for stopping in today!  Hope you enjoy your visit and will come back again soon.  In case this is my last post before the holidays... Merry, Merry Christmas!
Denise

2 comments:

Anonymous

These are both fabulous gifts, and the images are beautifully colored. I especially love the quilt squares, and the buttons are a great touch!
Hugs,
April

Lori

Hi Denise! I've been enjoying your gorgeous cards here :D You've done a beautiful job with every one of them!

Hoping to get to know you better through the Fussy and Fancy DT. Come visit me sometime Here

Love and hugs ~ Lori