CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Snakes and snails...

"and puppy dog tails.  That's what little boys are made of".  Isn't that so accurate of our little guys???  It just makes me smile thinking about it.  But... my little boy isn't so little any more.  He's all grown up, about 6'1" and getting married this fall.  However, there are many times I think about him in his 'little boy' stage of life.  For his birthday, I've created this card.  Memories of his younger days.  Ya know... maybe I made it for me!!  : )



This wonderful image is a Sugar Nellie digi image by Diane Duda.  I just LOVE her work.  Her 'Upside Down' stamp was one of the most fun images I've worked up.  They're just good old-fashioned cute!!  I just wish she would expand her line of stamps.  She also has an Etsy shop that's just wonderful to browse through.


I decided to use the 'neutrals' on the non-image parts of the card and include the color on the image.  I really like how it turned out.  I love the newspapery DP (from October Afternoon The Thrift Shop).  It's talking about all these nostalgia things and just worked so well with this card.  Of course the image covered up much of it so you can't read an entire sentence!  But the idea is there!  hahahaha!!


As I said, this guy happens to be a digital image.  I'm really lovin' the digis as... no shipping... receive them nearly immediately... storage is easy.  I have trouble with my printer's ink smearing when using the copics, but works great with the prismacolor pencils.  But... I've just recently learned that a printer at work uses the proper ink for copics!!!  So I take my own paper and print out what I want.  I don't waste too much of my employer's resources... just ink and a tad of electricity??  : )  Anyway, I was very tickled to figure this out as I've been using more and more digis and wanted to use my copics sometimes too!


I think I've hit a lot of challenges with this card.  I hope I'm legit on all of them...
Challenges:
Truly Scrumptious - the sketch
Crafty Catz - distressing (missed the deadline)
Stamp Something - the colors of your flag (dang... missed this one too!)
One Stop Craft Challenge - distressing
Digital Tuesday - red, white and blue
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - the great outdoors
Cute Card Thursday - school's out for summer
Stampin' B's Challenge - polka dots

That's it for today folks.  Thanks for stopping by and popping in a comment.  You know you've just made my day, don't you??  : )  Until next time...
Denise

Stamp:  Sugar Nellie Puppy dog tails, SU (sentiment, can't remember set)
Paper:  October Afternoon The Thrift Shop
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black (for sentiment)
Supplies:  Ribbon, MS dots
Technique:  copic markers, shading with prismacolor pencils

10 comments:

Benzi

Puppies, snakes, frogs, all so boyish! Love your adorable card. The image is just so cute. Of course,I love the dots, too. Glad you joined the Stampin B this week.

Heather

Hi Denise - I've just done a quick tutorial on colouring digi images. Try printing the image out on draft or quick copy (which ever it is on your printer) it doesn't use as much ink and therefore doesn't bleed the same.
Your card is delightful, great colouring of the adorable image and I just love the script paper and the darker bp's really make the image 'pop'.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Truly Scrumptious.
hugs Heather xx

Sharon

Great card Denise. I love the image and the papers are just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.

Francesca

I love this card , thanks for joining us at One stop Craft challenge this week and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Mina

Fabulous card Denise, I love this SN image hes great and beautifully coloured...I have a digi stamp tutorial on my sidebar...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

Vicki Dutcher

Great images! Love the DOTS! Thanks for playing with the B's!

Thanh Vo

Excellent card, Denise!! I've been so in love with little boys and froggy images lately. You read my mind!

Remember the publication stuff we had talked about on the WD DT blog? Well, guess what! You just never knew how long it takes for something to get published sometimes. I just had a card published from when I sent it in two years ago!

Read more here if youre interested: http://yummycreations.blogspot.com/2010/07/published-and-featured.html

Joanne (jojot)

what a fabulous image....all 'boy'....thanks for playing with the Stampin B's

Ellibelle

This is gorgeous. Love your coloring and the sketch is amazing.
Thanks so much for playing the DTC.

Anne-Marije

What a fab card!
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije