CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sugar and spice...

"and everything nice.  That's what little girls are made of."  My last post was a card for a boy's birthday.  This one is soooo girlie!!  To me, little Izzie from Stamping Bella is the total essence of that little girl poem.  So soft and feminine!  Sooooo cute!!


This card is for my son's fiancee's birthday which is exactly one week after his.  Lindsay and Ryan (my son) are getting married this fall and I couldn't be happier!  She's a great gal and makes Ryan very happy.  After all, that's what we mothers want for our kids, right??


Izzie was just a ball to work up... all that curly and yummy cake!  I purchased her and a few other Izzie's (and Mavises) a couple weeks ago when Stamping Bella was having a 20% off sale!  LOVE those sales!  : )  I just couldn't wait to color one up and knew 'Izzie has a BIRFDAY cake' would be perfect this occasion. 


Now the original coloring was a much softer pink with white stripes.  But when I found this wonderful vintage paper from Graphic 45, I just had to use it.  Since Izzie's pink was too soft, I 'dustied' it up by sponging the entire image (leaving the oval nestie in place) with antique linen distress ink.  I think that really did the job.  IRL they look great together.  Oh... and I have to give credit for my layout to Linda Heavens.  I saw this ca-yute layout a while back and it stuck in my memory.  I thought it was perfect for this card.  Thanks Linda!!!

Challenges:
Stamp Something - recipe:  1 DP, 1 ribbon, 1 image
Paper Romance - just add glitter
Pile it on - your favorite things.  Mine... pink, birthdays, cake, adorable girls
Cupcake Inspirations - photo inspiration


I guess that's it!  Thanks so much for checking in today.  I hope you'll come back again soon.
Denise

Stamps:  Stamping Bella Izzie has a BIRFDAY cake, Stamping Bella sentiment
Paper:  Graphic 45 Le Romantique, Gina K. pure luxury (image), PTI (sentiment)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Distress Ink antique linen
Supplies:  Nesies, ribbon, roses, white glitter
Technique:  Copic markers and prismacolor pencils and gamsol

7 comments:

Teresa Kline

this is gorgeous, awesome coloring..have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Rachel Hope

Adorable!!! What a sweet little girl! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Scrappy

How cute is this! Terrific! Thanks for joining us this week at PIO! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

Angelwood

What an adorable image and beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at Paper Romance this week! hugs, Angela

Anonymous

WOW! This is adorable! I love the layout and your coloring. SO gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Stamp Something Challenge this week! Hugs~ Andrea

Annika

Wonderful card! Fabulous colouring and layout and I love the luscious lace . Thanks for playing at Stamp Something, hope to see you back next week!
Hugs
Annika

Unknown

So sweet Denise, another beautiful Card. Hugs Jo xxxx