CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 18, 2010

My Extra Day Off...

Good morning stampers!!  Did you all have a great weekend?  I sure did and it's not quite over yet as I get one extra day this week.  Happy Martin Luther King, Jr Day.  What an amazing man!  And all these years after his life was ended, his dream is still alive.  : )



Here's a card I finished last night.  I purchased a few new Sugar Nellie stamps as I LOVE to participate in The Sugar Bowl challenge.  This was one of them and I just had to ink her up first.  So proud and confident with that jaunty little walk!!  I fell in love with her the first time I ever saw her.



Now... I just had the best time distressing on this card.  I know... sounds goofy!  But, I'd lost the little distresser tool I'd purchased several months ago (before I ever even used it!!) and have looked high and low for the darned thing.  Well I finally found it last week and couldn't have been happier!!  Funny but finding that little 2" tool just made my day and still makes me smile!  I've been ready to do some distressing ever since and got to this week.  WooHOO!!  : )



I tried something a little different with the sponging around the edges.  I used both blue and green chalk ink attempting to pull both colors out from the papers.  However, I ended up a little 'green heavy' and would have preferred more blue as there's just not much green showing from the DPs.  Must plan better for that!!

Now... the challenges:
1.  The Sugar Bowl - the SKETCH plus 'please include' distressing

2.  Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Shabby Chic
3.  Creative Card Crew - Distressing
4.  Our Creative Corner - Color challenge... blue and green
5.  Copics Colour Challenge - B97, YG07 and W-5  (I got pretty close)

I guess that's all I have today.  So glad you popped by.  Come back soon!!
Denise

Stamps:  Sugar Nellie Raven
Paper:  Me & My Big Ideas fashion district, Gina K. pure luxury
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, VersaMagic sea breeze and aloe vera
Supplies:  Nesties, BG button, flower, pearls
Techniques:  Copic markers, sponging, distressing

5 comments:

Sheri Gilson

Beautiful card, Denise!! Love the distressed layers!!

Erin...

So pretty! love the papers adn that fun sugar nellie!!!

Raven B

Beautiful work, Denise! I love the colors and the layers with the black look so amazing. It really pops.

Lorraine A

fabulous card ;-) I love this image and the papers and distressing are fab :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and DT call :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Heather

Hi Denise, thanks for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them.
Love this card,the colours and papers are divine (just my style) and I love that beautifully coloured image, I'm going to have to have her.
hugs Heather xx