CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 15, 2010

A Touch of Orange -- Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge


Good morning all!  Glad you've stopped by to share in my latest creation for the Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge.  This week's challenge theme is WINTER which leaves it wide open for us ladies!  : )



Whoa!!!  That'll wake ya up!  I picked colors as I went along.  Started with the silver puffy jacket and black jeans.  Then wondered what 'accent' color to use for his scarf and boots.  I opted for this yellowy-orange.  I like it but WOW!!  : )  And add the pop of hot pink on Mr. Snowman's top hat!!

 

Our sponsor for this challenge is StampInsanity Stamps and they generously provided us with 'Henry's Snowman', a digital image/sentiment to work with if we so chose.  I definitely chose as it's unusual to be able to include the peace sign on winter cards... either in the two finger 'V' sign OR in the sentiment.  I thought it was tons of fun.  StampInsanity Stamps are available for purchase only at Stamp Happens.  I hope you'll go take a look... lotsa fun!!




 I've added a few specials you probably can't see very well in the pictures.  I glittered up parts of the snowman and the snowflake.  Last week when I was out in the snow with my dog, I looked around and noticed real snow does indeed looks glittery.  I was just beautiful and I've decided I'll be including glitter on most of my snow pieces.  : )  I also added white fluff to the snow on the ground... can't hardly see it but it's fun to touch!!  I also used crystal effects on his winter boots making them more waterproof.  : )  The snowflake is from a new MS punch I purchased.  I love the design, but it's fragile as all get out.  The longer parts kept falling off... just falling off!  It took four tries to get one glued on without it tearing apart.  ARGH!!!




Oh... I almost forgot!!!  I used a few other challenges to help me out with my card:
1.  Mojo Monday - GREAT sketch
2.  Three Clovers Designs - Baby It's Cold Outside! (winter theme)
3.  Everybody-Art-Challenge - Snowflakes
4.  Crafty Creations - Textures
5.  Creative Inspirations - New Year, New Products.  The image, sentiment and MS punch.
6.  ABC Challenge - 'L' is for Layering
7.  Charisma Cardz Challenges - Anything new
8.  Stampin' B's Design Team - Make a Winter Fun card

I guess I've rambled enough here for now.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a chance to join us in our challenge this week.  Take care for now and you'll come back soon.
Denise

Stamps:  StampInsanity Stamps Henry's Snowman
Paper:  BG ambrosia, PTI (white)
Ink:  none
Supplies:  Nesties, white glitter, white fluff, crystal effects, big black brads, MS punch
Technique:  Prismacolor pencils and gamsol

18 comments:

Sheri Gilson

Fabulous card!! I love the black & orange color combo!! Works fabulous with this sketch!! Great job!!

Jennifer

Beautiful Denise. I love how you used nontraditional color for a winter card.

Christine

Hi Denise love your fun card great colour combo & yes the glitter snow too..LOL

Hugs Christine xx

Stampin Mindy

Your card is super cute, I'm loving the orange winter card. Very creative!

Anonymous

Very cute!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

Anonymous

This is a fabulous winter card! The orange color provides warmth, right? I know what you mean about MS snowflakes--I smear them with Stickles for sparkle and to make them more durable! Thank you for a great Fussy and Fancy DT card, and for joining in our snowflake challenge at EAC!
Hugs,
April

Juanita

Super cute card Denise. I love the sparkle and the fluff. I also love the orange and pink :).

Janiel/ janny

very cute!!! Love your little piece of art!!
Very sweet....
thank you for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations.
hugs, Janiel

Lori

I'm loving the sparkle you've added on the snowman and the snowflake. I love the black accents and brads you've used too! Sweet...
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Rose

fantastic card, luv the orange and the sparkle on the snowman

thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week :)

Beth

Gorgeous card! Wonderful colors!! Awesome work!!:)

Lorraine A

Gorgeous card :-) I love the image ,, that snowman is just soo cute ! :-) I love the paper and colours you used too ,, lovely :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Leanne

FAntastic!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

An Occasional Genius

Great card & fab colours, love it!

Sally

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Tasha

Fab card,so much fun and i love the great colour combo
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Jenny

Great card. Love the papers and the image is coloured perfectly.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

Sue from Oregon

Great winter card...I always struggle with orange...but you have done a great job with it! Thanks for joining 3 Clovers challenge!