CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Stamp Something DT - New Goodies

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  I sincerely hope you and yours have a safe and wonderful 2010!!

Hello fellow stampers and thanks for stopping by for my FIRST DT post EVER!!  My term as DT member for Stamp Something will run from Jan. through Jun. 2010 and I look forward to every week.  I'm so stoked and have really been looking forward to this day!!!  It's time for the fun to begin...


This week our challenge is "New Goodies".  We'd like to challenge you to create something using a product that's new to you.  This was an easy one for me as the image is brand new and I've never used this paper (which I love) before.  I hope you'll pop over to the challenge blog and join in.

Isn't this little cowboy just adorable???  It's an excellent image for that little boy in your family... or even for that cowboy that's all grown up.  It's from our sponsor for the week, KLM.  Kim has lots of great digital images from which to choose.  The winner of this challenge will receive three (3) images of their choice.


For this image, I used prismacolor pencils as I still haven't found a way to use my copics on digis.  They seem to just NOT like my printer ink!!  They always smear no matter what I've tried.  If anyone has any more suggestions, I'd love to hear them!  But it does give me a chance to use my pencils which sometime do get neglected!

The challenges:
Stamp Simply - NEW Somethings
My Time to Craft - Anything Goes (LOVE it!)
Stampin' for the Weekend - New Beginnings

That's it.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Come back soon, ya hear!
Denise

Stamps:  KLM cowboy, hand written sentiment
Paper:  We R Memory Keepers MVP, PTI (for image and sentiment)
Ink:  none
Supplies:  Big black brads, jute cord
Technique:  Prismacolor pencils and gamsol

11 comments:

Sandie

Gorgeous card Denise!! The lasso is a great touch. Fab colours, love the papers.

I have the same problem with the digi's and copics, I think I need to invest in a laserjet printer ;)

Anonymous

wauw love your card. Your coloring is perfect. It´s as if the image comes alive. Your are very talented.

Anonymous

Hi Denimo!! :) I just LOVE this!! The hemp made up like a lasso was such a clever idea!! Great coloring too!! Happy New Year to you and welcome to Stamp Something!! HUGS

Audrey

i love that image! great card!

Daniele

great card so different thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

Nancy

Your card is so cute, Denise:O) Love that KLM image, and your colouring is wonderful. Love the papers and the string is a brilliant touch.
I read somewhere that it would help to iron the image to make it easyer to colour without smearing. Have not tried it, but you might:O)
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Davi

Wow...the image is darling and the colorings is wonderful. Great dp and I love his rope!!!

Erin...

Love this one, the little lasso is perfect!!!!

I use copics w digis all the time and I have an ink jet printer. I find some light colors like E000 run a little. Or images that have gig dots like big eyes or something. I then cover those with my versamarker and heat set with my heat gun. Although sometimes i'm a little lazy and just color in with dots from my copics which works OK too.
Happy to have you on the team:)

Mummylade

That's a lovely image. Thank you for joining the STFW challenge this week and good luck.

crafty amy

Brilliant card I have lots of new Christmas things to play with so will have to have a look at this challenge if I am not too late.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Tracey

Congratulations on the new DT & what a great first DT card, this is fab - love the lassoo :)

Thanks for joining the SFTW challenge.

Hugs
Tracey
x