CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Little Miss Sunflower -- second post

Hello again.  I've been playing around having a great time today.  If you're still basking in Thanksgiving Day splendor, you're probably sitting around going 'awww... shouldn't have had thirds!!'!  It's OK... once a year.  You'll feel better tomorrow.

 
I have forgotten all about sharing some great news I got a couple of weeks ago.  I got third place in the last Whipper Snapper Designs - Paper Crafting Contest!!  I was sooooo tickled and amazed!!  It was the first time I'd entered so didn't really expect much.  When they emailed me with the news, it just made my day.  This little gal was part of what I ordered with my winnings ($25).  I just had to have her... so cute!  I selected this one (Acorn & Posie), Jingle Balls and the Winter Quilt set by Anna Wight.  Funnnnnnnnnnn.  Anyhoo... For this card, I decided to go whole hog with my favorite fall colors.  I really like how she turned out.  Fall is almost over, but maybe there's time for another card or two before winter truly sets in.

I cut the 'flower' circles using my nesties, then distressed them with some scissors.  I actually have a distressing tool, but no clue where it is.  I never did get to use that little sucker!!  ARGH!!  I'll find it some day, but it sure would be nice to find it tomorrow!!  I also added a little brown glitter to her acorn cap and the center of the sunflower.

I'll be entering this in the Inspirational Card Sketches.  There may be more challenges this fits, but this is the only one for now.

Thanks for stoppin' by.  Please... come back soon!  Denise

 
Stamps:  Whipper Snapper Acorn & Posie, Inkadinkado Autumn Foliage (sentiment)
Paper:  We R Memory Keepers Grandma's Kitchen, Gina K. pure luxury
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black
Supplies:  Nesties, BG buttons, BG brads, hemp cord, doodlebug brown glitter
Techniques:  Copic markers, distressing

7 comments:

marley

pretty card, love the distressed flower!

Vicky

Fabulous autumn card, lovely colouring. thanks for joining in at ICS. :)x

Debs

Very Autumn looking card, great colouring, thanks for joining us at ics this week.
Debs

Janice W.

Very nice coloring! Congrats on your win at Whipper Snapper. Cute stamp. I will have to go check them out. I love Whipper Snapper stamps!

wendipooh13

ohhh jsut love the sunflower card and super cute the yellow brads add tons!! great job with the IC card sketch.

Beth

This is such a sweet card! Your colouring is fabulous on this cute little stamp! Thanks for joining in the Copic Colour Challenge this week!

Love Beth xx

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.