CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Sugar Bowl Thank You


OMGoodness!!  It's just been too long since I've been able to do what I love... create cards!  Today was a good day because I got to sit down and stamp.  I decided to jump back in with one of my favorite challenges... The Sugar Bowl.  Their challenge this time was a great sketch and a 'please include' of 'Thankfulness'.  I thought little Poinsettia would make a great Christmas thank you card.  She is so adorable and there is no flower quite like the poinsettia!  Beautiful!!

This little gal turned out wayyyyy different than my original vision.  I was going to make her a tow head... a nearly white tow head.  When we were at the park over the weekend, I saw the cutest little girl and her hair was almost white.  Soooo cute!  So I played around trying to come up with the right mix of colors, but I just couldn't get my copics to make it work.  So, I ended up making her a dark brunette.  That's close, right??  Really it's because the red on the poinsettia bled into her hair.  I worked very hard to clean it up with my colorless blender, but red it just soooo tough to clean up... thus dark brunette she is.  : )

I sponged around the image with VersaMagic Niagra Mist.  Her little dress has been paper pieced.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you'll stop back again soon.

Denise

Stamps:  Sugar Nellie Poinsettia, MFT Grateful Greetings
Paper:  BG Wassail, Gina K. pure luxury
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, VersaMagic niagara mist
Supplies:  Pearls, Christmas brad (Spare Parts I think)
Techniques:  copic markers, sponging, paper piecing

3 comments:

Shirley N

She is adorable--love your card!

Janice W.

I love that image and your coloring is awesome. My sister was a tow head when she was little and I recently tried to get that color to work with my copics, but no such luck. Your card is sweet and I love the paper pieced dress.

Kathy

Denise this is so cute!! I love that pretty paper and your image is colored in so pretty!! Love the pearls!!
Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge with us!
:)Kathy