CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Madeline!

This is my last post of the long Thanksgiving holiday.  : (  Dontcha wish it could go on and on?  {sigh}  Well...mine was an absolutely great one.  I hope yours was too!


I made this card for my granddaughter, Madeline, who will turn 11 this coming Thursday.  Wasn't it just yesterday she was such a sweet little 18 month old with her little Pebbles Flintstone ponytail on top of her head.  Then ya turn around for a second and she's 11!  Ya know my kids were sneaky like that too!  One day they're little bitty, the next they're all grown up and heading out the door!!  I guess it's like that for everyone, huh?

I thought this Stampavie dog was such a sweetie that she needed to go to a child... in this case a (kinda) little girl.  Thus the overdose of pink!!  haha!  Oh... and this was my first try at making a bow with my new bow-easy.  It was a little awkward, but everything I've read says that will be the case, then it'll get easier.  But isn't the bow just awesome?!?!?!?  I'm not trying to brag... I'm just so pleased!!  I've always been just awful at bows, but no more!  YIPEE!  Thanks bow-easy folks!  {happy grin}

The challenges:
1.  A Spoonful of Sugar - Colour Combo.  Start with brown as your basic color, then choose either pink or blue to go along with it.
3.  Allsorts Challenge - Buttons

Hope you all have a great start to your week.  Thanks for stopping by!
Denise


Stamps:  Stampavie Ruffles a present for you, Hampton Art sentiment
Paper:  My Mind's Eye (pink/brown polka dots), Me and My Big Ideas (small brown polka dots), Gina K. pure luxury
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, VersaMagic pixie dust
Supplies:  Nesties, BG ribbon, BG button, white satin ribbon, embroidery floss, diamond stickles, bow-easy
Techniques:  Copic markers, sponging, button bow

8 comments:

Lea L.

How adorable is this?! Such a sweet little card! Great job with the Sweetest Sunday Sketch!

♥Lea

Edith

Omg, this is so sweet!! Love your coloring and all the beautiful details!
Happy stamping!
Edith

Jodi

This is just so adorable!! Love your cute cute image and the pretty coloring you do!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Debs

Hi Denise
This is gorgeous - love the image and your colouring is super.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Catherine

This is beyond adorable and your Madeline will just love it! Every detail is gorgeous - totally TDF!
Thanks so much for visiting & entering my blog candy drawing! I've become a follower of yours.

Gro

Beautiful card. Love your image. It's sooo cute.
thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week

Karen Motz

totally SWEET and your colouring is wonderful!

laterg8r

love that puppy - gorgeous card :D