CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Groovy Girlfriend


Whoa... guess I was in the need for a huge 'pink fix'!!  This one should hold me awhile!  hahahaha!  A very odd combination, don't you think.  But, I've concluded I like it now although I wasn't sure while I was making it.  Something a little different!!

 I just wanted to make a girlfriend card and also use my Birds Galore stamp set from Inkadinkado.  So I thought I'd work them up together using the 'groovy' owl from that set.  I stamped the owl with Memento rich cocoa.  Then markered up the stamp to get color on the limb elements using SU markers... chocolate chip, certainly celery and rose romance and stamped again.  Finally, I used the markers right on the image to emphasize those colors a little better.  The sentiment is from the Grateful Greetings set from MFT (fabulous sentiment set - I suggest getting it if you can).  Seems like I need a little glitter or something, but I'm leaving it as is.

The challenges:
1.  Simon Says Challenge - Thinking of You
2.  3 Clover Thursday Challenge - Birds or Bugs
3.  The Pink Elephant - Be Thankful.  I hope my card qualifies as it doesn't really say 'thanks', but the sentiment set is 'Grateful Greetings'!  : )

Guess that's it for tonight.  Thanks for stopping in.  Hope to see you again!
Denise

Stamps:  Inkadinkado Birds Galore, MFT Grateful Greetings
Paper:  We R Memory Keepers, SU rose romance (old color), Gina K. pure luxury
Ink:  Memento rich cocoa, SU rose romance
Supplies, Nesties, flower, BG ribbon, BG glazed brad, SU markers, 3d squares
Techniques: nothing special

8 comments:

Unknown

Denise.

This card is so yummy. I love your colour choice. Perfection. Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!

Jules

Hi Denise

This is gorgeous.

I love the colours you have chosen - everything matches in perfectly.

Great ribbon too!!

Love Jules xx

Rach

what a fabulous card, hugs rachxx

Tammi

Wonderful card, nice job on the challenges!

Kylie

Well I love the pink and the card. Well done.
Kylie xo

Jo Nevill

What a great card. I just love those cutie owls !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo and the SSC DT x

debby4000

Fabulous card, lovely colours and sweet owl.
luv
Debby

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com

Very sweet image and I love the brad you used for your flower!! So pretty!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph